Math / Science Teacher for Middle School
Are you committed to Playful Learning, and would like to work with children and colleagues from all around the world at a great school, where we strive to be the best at what we do? Then keep on reading!
We are seeking a qualified Math and/or Sciences Teacher for our Middle School (students, aged 11-16) starting August 2024. The position is a maternity cover, however it is likely that the position can become permanent due to our expansion. If you are passionate and dedicated to inspiring the love of math and science amongst the young people you teach, we would love to hear from you!
- Certification and/or master’s degree in math/science or equivalent.
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated commitment to integrating technology purposefully to transform learning.
- Collegial and collaborative team player.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to establish connections with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Have awareness of the needs of an intercultural environment.
- A strong attitude in differentiated learning styles and a passion for education.
- Highly reflective and committed to continuous growth and improvement.
- A degree in Math and/or Science.
- Familiarity with the IB MYP curriculum and commitment to internationalism and student-led learning.
- An interest in developing subject specific support strategies.
- Full-time Maternity Cover, August 2024 - June 2025. The position is initially a temporary appointment with the possibility to become permanent due to expansion of ISB.
- Professional, multicultural and respectful working environment with great colleagues, a sense of community and appreciative leadership.
- Good possibilities for professional development in an international setting.
- A well-run school with sufficient resources to be among the best.
ISB is a private international school located in Billund. We are an IB World School authorised in the PYP and MYP Programmes. Read more at www.ibo.org or on our website; www.isbillund.com
The language of instruction at ISB is English. There are 500 students and more than 60 different nationalities represented at ISB.
A clean ‘børneattest’ (criminal record) will be required of candidates offered a position at ISB.
Salary and terms of employment according to 'Organisationsaftale for lærere og børnehaveklasseledere ved frie grundskoler samt efterskoler og frie fagskoler' and 'Fællesoverenskomsten mellem Finansministeriet og Lærernes Centralorganisation'.
We encourage qualified candidates of all genders, ages and ethnic backgrounds to apply for the job.
Deadline for applications is 18 March 2024.